A big thank you goes out to 4amWriter, who nominated me for the Versatile Blog Award! This wonderful blogger gets up at 4 am to write, and she loves wolves. How cool is that?
1. Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this award along to 15 blogs you enjoy reading.
4. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
Here are 7 things about me:
I love to shop.
I have a sweet tooth.
My favorite past times (besides writing) are reading, gardening and knitting.
I’m a retired cardiology nurse. (The word ‘retired’ makes me sound old. I actually suffered burn out and retired early. Just sayin’.)
Incompetent, unprofessional people annoy the crap out of me.
My favorite cocktail is 12-year old rum and coke.
A perfect day for me includes sleeping in until 9 am.
Here are my nominations for the Versatile Blogger Award:
1. http://selenarobinsmusings.com – My BFF and critique partner, Selena is an award-winning novelist and all around wonderful person. Visit her blog for interesting guests and delicious recipes.
2. http://fabulousrn.wordpress.com – A registered nurse with a fabulous sense of humor. She cracks me up and her blogs take me back to my former career, where if you didn’t laugh, you’d cry. Laughing is better.
3. http://thefairytaleasylum.wordpress.com – An artist and writer who says sorry too much and who watches the original Star Trek. In other words, a woman after my own heart. Her blogs pull at my heart strings.
4. http://karenselliott.wordpress.com- A self-described ‘nit-picky, proofreading shark’, Karen’s favorite book is the dictionary. You gotta love that. Her blog offers practical suggestions and writing tips.
5. http://www.lindsayburoker.com – Indie fantasy author Lindsay’s blog is an informative ‘how to’ haven. Check it out.
6. http://ellestraussbooks.blogspot.com – A fellow Canadian (whoo hoo!) author who writes rom/com time-travel.
7. http://betweenfactandfiction.blogspot.com - Natalie is a YA writer who also draws. I’m fascinated by people who write AND draw. It’s not fair. All I can do is write.
8. http://kellystonegamble.blogspot.com – Kelly is an award-winning fiction writing who is writing a novel about the Hoover Damn, a fascinating place I had the pleasure of visiting once. Oh, the power and awesomeness.
9. http://theoatmeal.com/blog – a funny blog that has words and pictures!
10. http://courtneykoschel.blogspot.com – A YA writer by night and environmentalist by day, this blogger writes about finding her muse, creativity and what to get a writer for Christmas.
11. http://michaelcargill.wordpress.com – An entertaining blog featuring ‘daily updates of sarcastic and irreverent nonsense’.
12. http://www.workingstiffs.blogspot.com – Five crime writers blog about life, work and murder.
13. http://sisters-in-crime-sinc.blogspot.com – Official blog of Sisters in Crime, a professional organization for female crime writers.
14. http://thelipstickchronicles.typepad.com – Fourteen mystery writers blog about life and work. ‘Just keep reading and nobody gets hurt.’
15. http://femmesfatales.typepad.com/my_weblog – Eight ‘ferociously talented women dedicated to the fine art of crime fiction.’