My blog has been chosen to receive a Liebster Blog Award!
(You love me, you really love me!)
Liebster means ‘dearest’ in German, and is given to up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers. I definitely qualify in the follower department! My blog was nominated by my very thoughtful blog buddy Fandina72, a fellow writer whose posts I always enjoy.
She had no way of knowing how badly I needed a virtual pat on the back, so thanks again, Fandina72!
Here are the rules after receiving this award:
1. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
2. Reveal your top five picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
4. Hope that the people you’ve sent the award to forward it to their five favourite bloggers and keep it going!
So here are my nominations for the Liebster Blog Award:
1. Selena Robins – my critique partner and BFF, Selena is a talented, funny, award-winning author who has been there for me through all the ups and downs of the roller coaster ride we call the writing life. Stop by her blog, give her some hugs, and in return you’ll enjoy a few laughs, along with a recipe or two.
2. K.B. Owen – my blog buddy K.B. holds a PhD in 19th century British literature and recently finished her first novel in a planned series, which she describes as ‘a world filled with plucky heroines, quirky and beguiling characters, and mischief mixed with murder.’ Her blogs are informative, thought-provoking and fun.
3. 2GirlsOnABench – these self-described ‘semi-young’ girls are writing a (as yet untitled) screenplay, and they enjoy blogging about life as seen from their bench, which includes snacking and drinking. They invariably post photographs about the snacks and drinks (Yummy!). I love their quirky attitude.
4. Ellis Vidler – writer, editor and fellow blogger, Ellis’ latest book Cold Comfort will be released in January. I really enjoy her blogs, and she entertains some interesting guests every Tuesday. She’s a regular visitor and commenter to my blog.
5. NancyDrewSleuths – this blog is run by Jenn Fisher, author of Clues for Real Life – The Classic Wit & Wisdom of Nancy Drew. There’s nobody on the planet who knows more about Nancy Drew than this woman. Her Nancy Drew collections (books, games, memorabilia) are awe-inspiring, and she even holds virtual Halloween parties. So if you feel like sleuthing, check her out.
Thanks again Fandina72, you’re the best!